Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Friday...It's only Friday...

Forgive, Saved, Set Free, Set Apart, Child of God...all because He hung on a cross to die for YOU and ME!  Good Friday has always been a very solemn day to me as I remember the sacrifice Christ made so that I might have life eternal.  It is a day that reminds me to refocus my gaze upon Him, to live life with an eternal perspective for no other reason than to glorify the ONE who chose to die for me.  Remembering the call to live a life the Holy and Pleasing to Him.  I still cannot grasp the depths of Grace or the greatness of God that would go to a cross to die for me.  

One of my favorite worship songs expresses it well...

O what love
No greater love
Grace how can it be?
That in my sin, YES even then
He shed His blood for me.

O the blood of Jesus washed me
O the blood of Jesus shed for me
What a sacrifice that saved my life
Yes the blood it is my victory!


But it didn't stop at the cross, that's not the end my friends, oh no....IT'S ONLY FRIDAY...SUNDAY'S COMIN!  

Blessings on the Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment