Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oh to be amazed...

Have you ever heard a song that, in just a few verses, can sum up all you are unable to formulate in your own words?  Tonight I had such an encounter with a worship song.  You see, when it comes to the speaking about the weekend Jaedon came into this world, I have been unable to really put into words just how I felt, until now.  I can talk all day about the 7 years leading to his match with us, but when I recall that weekend it is such a personal thing between the Father and I, I just haven't been able to really get through talking about it without a flood of tears and emotions.  How do I express to those around me just how amazing God is, in all He did for all involved in the weekend this precious little one was born.  From the doctors and nurses, to the birth family, to our precious adoption counselor....there are just so many ways God worked on our behalf.

So I will let me this song speak the words I have been unable to find, to simply describe the weekend Jaedon came to be apart of our forever family...

Oh holy God, I stay amazed
You are so much more than words could ever say
Oh holy God, I pour out my praise
On the One who never ceases to amaze


(http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/stay-amazed-klaus-kuehn/484382293)

I couldn't say it better if I tried, He truly is the ONE who never ceases to amaze!  He never fails, He never fades, He never changes, He never stops pouring His love out upon us and He NEVER ceases to amaze.  I cannot hear these words sung without being brought to my knees in tears.  Jaedon is more than just the gift of a child, he is a reminder to all who hear his story of a God that NEVER ceases to amaze.  I stand amazed that God lead Jaedon's precious birth mother to chose us to be His parents, and I don't see that amazement ever departing.




No comments:

Post a Comment