Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dancing in the Minefields...

I can hardly believe it's been 4 months since Jaedon came home.  He is sitting up, babbling, eating like a champ and soaking 3 bibs a day with slobber.  The new born stage is past, but he is still so much a baby.  We are amazed each day, that God has given us such a precious gift, so undeserved and yet He chose us.  Just 5 months ago there was so much uncertainty, we could not have imagined we would be living the days we are presently.  For 7 years we waited, so much paperwork, so many tears and yet it was all so we could get to today.

These past 4 months have not been without their own set of trials.  Learning to be parents, adoption emotions, job changes, returning to work and financial adjustments, at times it seems overwhelming and yet it pails in comparison to those 7 years.  
 
Today a song came across the radio that I had not heard before but feel could have been written just for us.  We were married at just 19 and 21, and in the past 12 years have been through so much.  Looking back it is amazing how God has, not only kept us together but shown us what it truly means to love one another.  I love Patrick deeply, he is my best friend, my rock, my strength, my encouragement and the best gift God ever chose to give me. In light of the past 7 years you can imagine how the words of this song effected me:

Dancing in the Minefields
Well I was 19 you were 21
The year we got engaged
Everyone said we were much to young
But we did it anyway
We got the rings for 40 each from a pawnshop down the road
We said our vows and took the leap now 15 years ago

We went dancing in the minefields
We went sailing in the storm
And it was harder than we dreamed
But I believe that’s what the promise is for

Well ‘I do’ are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I’ve heard is a good place to begin
Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down
And I believe it’s an easy price for the life that we have found

So when I lose my way, find me
When I lose loves chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith
to the end of all my days
when I forget my name, remind me

Cause we bear the light of the son of man
So there’s nothing left to fear
So I’ll walk with you in the shadow lands
Till the shadows disappear
Cause he promised not to leave us
And his promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos baby
I can dance with you

So lets go dancing in the minefields
Lets go sailing in the storms
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields
And kicking down the doors
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields
And sailing in the storms
Oh this is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that’s what the promise is for
That’s what the promise is for


Such beautiful words that remind me trails will come, but I have a precious gift to dance through them with.  If there is anything on I would want Jaedon to know on his 4 month birthday it's this, his daddy and mommy love one another so deeply that we would dance through minefields a million times over to get to him. 

Patrick, my love, "in the face of any chaos baby I can dance with you".  I would spend the next 12 years dancing in the minefields and sailing in the storms, as long as you are right beside me.  

I am blessed, no doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment